An individual appointed to serve on a committee established by the Saskatchewan Real Estate Commission, is asked to:
This code cannot, and is not intended to, address all situations. In some circumstances committee members will need to rely on their own judgment and consultation with the committee chair to determine an appropriate course of action.
- review the mandate of the Commission;
- review the terms of reference of the committee;
- promote the public interest;
- uphold the mandate of the committee and not be influenced by public opinion, partisan interest, fear or criticism;
- avoid any real or perceived conflicts of interest with regard to their work on the committee;
- keep all confidential information they may receive as a committee member strictly confidential;
- not use any confidential information they may receive as a committee member for their own gain or to benefit persons or entities outside of the Commission;
- foster their professional competence and knowledge, prepare fully and diligently for committee proceedings, make themselves available (to the extent their schedules allow) to the committee chair and their colleagues as requested and support the work of the committee;
- make every effort to attend meetings in person (especially the first meeting of the year), or, when necessary, join the meeting remotely using the audio/video services provided by the Commissioní
- be professional and honest in dealing with other committee members, Commission representatives or resource members;
- promote positive industry and public relations;
- not engage in behaviour which is known, or ought to be known, to be offensive or harassing;
- conduct the business and affairs of the committee in a lawful and ethical manner; and,
- be accountable to the committee chair for adherence to this code.